Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Gift #3, Maple Granola!

Granola! My "best friend" when I was in college, trying to put off my freshmen 15 T^T Hahaha... I used to buy packs and packs of 'em, and munch on 'em endlessly... And come to think of it, I think store bought granola contains way too much sugar and unnecessary amount of butter/fat. Yep, I didn't lose weight by substituting my chips to granola.

BUT, this snack could be low in calories depending on the ingredients you use. Yes, please make your own granola! You won'y regret it! It is so easy you can probably make this while playing Wii. Plus, I think it actually tastes much better than store bought ones ;) 

Granola is good enough to be eaten on its own, but you can have 'em with milk, put 'em on top of yogurt to make parfait, sprinkle on muffins as a streusel topping... endless goodness <3 And I think granola makes a delish edible gift for Christmas <3


Maple Granola, makes 1.5 cups
You can easily double this recipe like I always do :)

Ingredients:
3 tbsp brown sugar
3 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1/3 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups of old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup of assorted nuts (you can use whatever nuts you want!)

Directions:
1. Preheat your oven to 130 C. Line a baking sheet with silicone baking mat/parchment or brush your baking sheet with vegetable oil.

2. Mix all ingredients in order, starting with the sugar and ending with the nuts. Mix THOROUGHLY!

3. Spread the mixture on a prepared baking sheet.

4. Bake for about 1 hour, stirring the granola every 15 mins or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment