Sunday, November 21, 2010

Cake Pops

WHOAA... super duper excited about this cake pops "gig" :p
I made a bunch of them! Including Mickey & Minnie Cake Pops, Cupcake Pops, Piggy Cake Pops and some Chicken Cake Pops.. Totally, totally, drained me out. But I think I'd do it again :D And this morning all 60++ of them were sent to Singapore International School at PIK! I hope that these pops would sell in a flash!

I took quite a lot of time researching on which cake base to use as I did not want to use a cake mix (because I don't believe in local products, plus imported cake mix are just way too expensive). I tried out a couple of cakes including Oreo truffles, and I think I  was most satisfied with the cake recipes from Kate Zukkerman , Deb's of Smitten Kitchen and David Lebovitz's. Credits should also go to Kitchn for providing some awesome instructions on how to make these pops.

Plus... HUGE THANKS to Bakerella for the inspiration!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment