Sunday, November 14, 2010

Kihana

I am so glad DD  brought me to Kihana some nights ago. Strategically located at Plaza Indonesia, Kihana is a Japanese restaurant (if it isn't obvious enough from its name) that offers both the good food and also the cosy atmosphere.

Along the entrance corridor of the dimly lit restaurant lye lies a number of round tables that are pleasantly separated with extravagant draperies to give that exclusive oomph to the restaurant. Yea the tables are kind of nice, but I think I would feel weird as anyone who enters Kihana would surely, for a second or two, lay an eye on people sitting at the round tables. So, DD and I decided to sit right by the sushi train.

Unlike most other restaurants, Kihana provides warmers for certain food on the sushi train! Kudos to Kihana! Also, I have to say that Kihana's dishes are much more superior in taste/freshness compared to other more common and popular restaurants like Sushi Tei or Kiyadon, which serve plainly bad food (bland and stale). Although eating at Kihana would cost a little bit more than dining at Sushi Tei/Kiyadon, I think that it is really worth the premium :D

What we ordered

Volcano Sushi
I kinda forgot what's inside of this volcano. But I remember not liking it as much because there was just too much rice in it =_=


We loved this sushi! Baked Salmon with a dollop of Mentaiko and Mayonnaise ^ 3 ^


This pasta was our favorite! 

Pikachu Roll
Pikachu Roll was the worst. Now I'm wondering why did we even get this considering the name of the food is, if not obviously, effy enough...

All in all, I was very satisfied with Kihana! I mean, the food isn't that superb... But maybe it's the warm ambience plus the fact that Kihana serves REAL food, not the freeze-thaw kind of food like Sushi Tei has :p
Or maybe I was starving hence the food tasted twice as good? In any case, I went back to Kihana not long after my first visit and ordered a couple of different dishes, and the food was just as awesome! :D

Just FYI, during my second visit, I ordered Kihana Set Menu, Seafood Pasta and Tempura Soba. Mom, my brother and I loved everything! EVERYTHING! I will try to post the pics soon!


Adress:
Plaza Indonesia, 1st Floor
Jl. M.H. Thamrin Kav. 28-30
Jakarta Pusat
Tel. (62 21) 3107596


No comments:

Post a Comment