Thursday, September 30, 2010

Potato Pancakes!

I have been thinking a lot about Rösti lately... Ahh... bad bad craving. And unfortunate for me, I don't live near Plaza Senayan where they serve Rösti at Marche. Wait... you don't know what Rösti is? Man, you're missing out! Rösti is simply the Swiss version of potato pancake! You can read more about this delish dish at Wikipedia :p

Well, I don't live near the malls... I could not bother to make the real Rösti as it requires so many steps.. But... I found this great potato pancake recipe by Chef John! Yay! For those of you who haven't already know, Chef John, aka Foodwishes, is a Youtube celebrity chef, and I am a loyal fans of his :D :D You can check out his Youtube channel or blog to find out more about him. Go Chef John!


Enough of the frolicking... Anyways.. this is a great recipe substitute for Rösti! Another yay cos it's simple enough for me to whip up! And I have to say that I like this better than the real Rösti hehehe... 

Potato Pancakes
Adapted from Foodwishes

Ingredients:
2 1/4 pounds russet potato
1/2 yellow onion
2 large eggs
3 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
pinch of cayenne
vegetable oil, as needed




I added some bacon bits and chopped scallions!
Please refer to Chef John's site for directions!

No comments:

Post a Comment