Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Sukiyaki

I can proudly declare that I've successfully made Sukiyaki! And by successful I mean that my Sukiyaki has been endorsed by my family (they're super critical), and I dare say that it's as yummy as the Sukiyaki served in restaurants! As usual, I got this recipe from Cooking With Dog over at YouTube. 

Sukiyaki, 2 Serving
Adapted from Cooking With Dog

Ingredients

Sukiyaki Sauce
100ml Sake
50ml Mirin
50ml Soy Sauce
2tbsp sugar

150g Sliced Beef
2 eggs, whisked

Tofu, cubed
Chinese cabbage, 2-inch cut 
Scallion, 1-inch cut
Mushrooms

Olive oil
Sesame oil

Directions

1. Make the Sukiyaki Sauce by combining all the ingredients for the sauce in a pot and bring them to the boil.
 
2. Heat olive oil & sesame oil on a non-stick pan and add the sliced beefs. Add 2 tbsp of Sukiyaki Sauce.

3. Add the remaining vegetables into the pan and pour the remaining Sukiyaki Sauce. Cover for 2 - 3 minutes.

4. Pour the egg over the Sukiyaki. Cover the pan for 2 mins. Turn the heat off, and Sukiyaki is READY!

THANK YOU FRANCIS! And get well soon Oba-San...

No comments:

Post a Comment