Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Apartment

The Apartment's Menu
looks just like a newspaper!
 My birthday (yesterday)! woohoo! okay not so woohoo.. I mean, turning a year OLDER?! OLD... O-L-D... ugh... I hate getting old. Who doesn't? But oh well, at least I had dinner at The Apartment!

As I entered the restaurant, I could vaguely hear  a mellow tune playing.. Ooohhh... it's Bossa Nova! And it's LIVE! Wednesday is Bossa Nova Night! Now, that's woohoo!

Before I could peek at the singer, the host quickly led us further into the restaurant, "where would you like to dine? At the bathroom, or the library?" Bathroom?! Now, don't be confused! The Apartment is a themed restaurant consisting of several sections that is decorated accordingly to imitate a house. So there is a bathroom, library, living room, bedroom etc. (Don't worry, the bathroom area doesn't have a real toilet in it :p ) Plus the waiters/waitresses are all dressed in pajamas! cute!

We ended up choosing the spot at the library. It felt so cozy surrounded by tall wooden shelves filled with books and framed pictures. It also reminded me the days I spent studying at Bobst Library NYU... except that The Apartment's library is so dimly lit to foster a warm ambiance.

What we had...

The Apartment's Black Burger
This is one of The Apartment's signature dish. Nothing special, really, except for the black buns. Meat patty was rather tough. Didn't like this one that much :(

The Apartment's Roast Duck Pizza
The Roast Duck Pizza tasted like Char Siew! Hahaha.. Liked it

The Apartment's Spicy Spaghetti
Also one of The Apartment's signature dish. This one's delish :)


The check came... almost like a credit card bill, you know those envelopes that you don't really want to open... Overall.. I have to say that it's a nice dining experience... Good food, good place, good music plus good service.I would recommend it to my friend, and would definitely come back again. I want to try their infamous Beef Ratatouille Tower! Named one of the 50 dished you must try.. before you die or something... by.. Reuters I think... I forgot.. But I WILL TRY IT!

 Ditto to whoever came up with this idea! I went home happy, not remembering I turned a year older :

Oh, btw, I had Passionfruit Iced Tea that night. The Apartment uses real fresh passionfruits! Loved it!

Address:
Menara Gracia GF
Jl. HR. Rasuna Said KAV C-17
Reservations: +62 21 5200 380
BB reservations: PIN: 2105342F (7AM-11PM) --> Wow, didn't know they have this!
(Name, Contact, Date, Time, Pax, Smoking/Non Smoking). 



Website:
http://www.culinaryconcepts.asia/theapartment/


No comments:

Post a Comment