Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Gift #2, Stained Glass Cookies

Another gift idea I thought would be cute and extravagant, yet simple to make is stained glass cookies. These cookies are uber easy to make but I think they would never fail to impress!


You can use your favorite sugar cookie recipe here :D I actually used a tart dough, which, of course, I did not do on purpose =_= I just thought that the dough lying around in my freezer was a sugar cookie dough. But it worked!

Stained Glass Cookies

Ingredients:
I used a tart dough, but I will use my favorite sugar cookie dough next time ;)
Colored hard candies, crushed and set aside according to colors

Directions:
1. Prepare your favorite sugar cookie dough. 
2. Roll out the dough into about 1/4 inch thickness. I like to work with cold dough as it is easier to handle.
3. Cut out into any shape you like, making sure that you cut out the center of the cookie with a smaller cookie cutter.
4. Transfer the cookies onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Fill the center of the cookies with the crushed hard candies.
6. Bake according to the suggested temperature/time provided by the recipe.
7. Let cool on baking pans for a few minutes before transferring them onto a cookie rack to cool them completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment