Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Chocolate Cream Rosettes

Chocolate Cream Rosettes
Honestly, I'm thinking of giving up the idea of this foodie blog... I have no problem keeping up with my other 2 blogs, and although I LOVE to bake and eat, it just seems so hard updating this particular blog... At the same time, I realize that trying to chronicle my baking experience in a form of a facebook picture album won't work too well in the future...

I hope that by the time I settled on a full-time job, it would also be easier for me to manage my time updating this FOODIE NEST ^_^".

Speaking of which, I am not 100% satisfied with these cookies. It's buttery, crisp, light and all, but the taste is a little off... Maybe cuz I used Blue Band?!

Chocolate Cream Rosettes, makes 40 - 50 sandwiches
Adapted from Sohphistimom

Ingredients:
12 tablespoons butter (I used Blue Band, sorry...)
1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
pinch salt
1 1/4 cups flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
Chocolate Ganache (recipe follows)



Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 325 F/160 C. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. 
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and confectioner’s sugar until smooth. Add in vanilla.
3. In a small bowl, combine salt, flour, and cornstarch. With the mixer on low, slowly add to the wet ingredients. Scrape down the bowl as necessary, and mix until well combined, but do not over mix.
4. Place dough in a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. And pipe small 1 inch rosettes onto the cookie sheets. 
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges just barely begin to brown. Allow to cool on a cooling rack. Match up cookies of similar sizes and sandwich together with a small amount of frosting.


Chocolate Ganache
1 cup chopped dark chocolate
1/2 cup heavy cream

Bring the heavy cream to a simmer, then pour it unto the dark chocolate, preferably using a metal bowl. Whisk until all the chocolate has melted completely. Cool and whip into the desired consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment